Friday, March 25, 2011

Tarantula Soufle

Hey, Whats up?

I'm doing a little more renovating to this blog, so please don't be surprised if one day you look and its completely different, with a new customized layout. But seriously, this blog is now hosting art for social media, networking for business and also small-scale advertising at a local level. I, of course am responsible for creating all of the art you see on this blog and I also need to mention that all pieces are copy written and not distributable without a license by law. Now, this is one of a network of blogs, all started by Writers, DJs, Musicians, Artists, Illustrators, Painters, the works. Please be on the lookout for new blogs entering this network as I am in the process of inviting new members on a monthly basis. As for now, there are about 3-4 blogs total, and in about 1 year's time I expect that number to exceed 20. Thanks for reading and enjoy the art and music.


ART


 INSPIRATION

I've always liked old photography from 1960-1970, its always fun to look at how it's aged. I was inspired by a photograph I viewed of Jimi Hendrix, and I decided to embellish his captured attitude and mindset.

MECHANICS

Starting with some intense colors with styles behind the cut out figure of Jimi Hendrix, I began to add effects as if this were a very surrealistic looking picture taking place in another dimension.

AESTHETICS

For purposes that reflect the Rule Of Thirds, I placed the figure on the left of the art piece. This gave me room available for rendering a wafting, puffy looking smoke effect in addition to making the figure more viewable by blurring its edges.



 INSPIRATION

This album cover was a short project I was convinced into completing at my friend's house. It was created in order to give an album cover art and to also create a mood or theme.

MECHANICS

After finding a picture of a red panda online, I decided to overlay it with some grunge brushes and layer styles. I also used some blend modes to add more fluency. I made the brushes black to instill a dark sort of atmosphere, as if this picture took place during an apocalypse.

AESTHETICS

 I enjoy the simplicity in this piece. It is a basic yet concise message, sent to the viewer from the artist. I wanted to convey the simple fact that wild animals can be more dangerous than they look from afar.



 INSPIRATION

This piece was inspired by a list of different books, movies, posters and music, all currently unnameable. I can tell you, however that I picked up an interest for city skylines over the past 3 1/2 years of being a graphic designer.

MECHANICS

I attempted to construct a double layered city, with an intense explosion emitting outward from behind. I gave the building layers colorful attributes as well as a glow to add to the atmosphere around them. It is supposed to look as if the explosion has not completely taken effect.

AESTHETICS

 I wanted the piece above to appear as if it were a snapshot in time of the moment before the immense city is destroyed by a fictional nuclear blast. I have toyed with this type of image from time to time, creating shocking and bleak scenes before incredible disasters vaporize unreal civilizations.


MUSIC

Deadly Tea

Ghetto Rasta Dread

Lo-Fizzle


PEACE.

Russell Xavier

A.K.A.

Abstract Thought

No comments:

The Real Frequency

25 Ways To Die