Thursday, March 31, 2011

Atomic Art Apocalypse!

Hey People,

Hows it going? Now that my art is starting to fill up this blog, I have decided that I am going to expand to a website in the future. I have started working for a company which produces boardshorts! Hopefully in the future I can get a collection of my art of clothing going and possibly be able to sell it on my blog. As for now, enjoy the new art pieces! And Music!


ART


INSPIRATION

It takes me a good 2-3 hours to complete a piece this complex, although a lot goes into why I designed it the way I did. I started with pen and paper, drawing a very abstract looking composition of angles, lines, shapes, even machines. I then added a cityscape on the upper part and gemstone at the center. These represent the focus I took on this piece, which was abstract renderings.

MECHANICS

Drawing is almost as much fun as the part where I get to fill in the pencil markings with color. Little by little, I filled in each part of this picture until it was full of color. I also added a sun and my alias as a logo.

AESTHETICS

For reasons unknown, this piece looks a lot like another drawing I scanned. The direction of this particular piece is more skewed towards an abstract perspective. In doing this, I have created another grouping within my own art of pieces of this nature. I can now say that I have multiple pieces in my collection which are similar.



INSPIRATION

Upon looking through a list of Google images, I stumble across a nice looking red dodge challenger and a gorgeous picture of a mountain next to a road. Next thing I know I am assimilating multiple part of different pictures to achieve a realistic looking scene in which a can is racing through a stormy road.

MECHANICS

In order to achieve this idea of making different pictures all come together and look natural, I needed to gain insight as to what it looks like to drive in a storm. Well luckily for me the last week was full of rain.

AESTHETICS

Some of my more surreal looking artwork containing cars has been, well more fictional. In this piece I started to include the surrealism of driving in stormy weather with the realism of driving a fast car on a mountain road. The reflection of the landscape on the car and the rain bouncing off the car augment to the scene to that effect.



INSPIRATION

I've always liked the way that some digital artists will, without fail, create everything you see in their images from scratch. In most cases, something like this would take a long time to detail and perfect. However, I have taken it upon myself to find a faster and more effective way of doing digital drawing or painting without the use of a pen tablet or special tool.

MECHANICS

Occasionally I like to design plants, trees, simple foliage and bushes near and around houses and temples. As a factor in the over atmosphere of the picture, I feel that without these elements it would not be as convincing to view. What I have done is include textures and patterns of abnormal size and dimensions and attached them to some main parts of this piece.

AESTHETICS

In bringing this artwork to life, I was going for a more subtle look, not as abstract and random. I wanted to make the viewer feel as if they are standing in the midst of a small civilization not too far from nature and mother earth.


MUSIC

Leakage/Whiskers.mp3

Lo Fizzle.mp3

No comments:

The Real Frequency

25 Ways To Die