Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wildebeast from the east

Whats up?

Making progress getting used to my new portable DJ setup, I finally figured out how to record my Kaossilator in Virtual DJ. Thanks to my partnership with my band mate, DJ Adsynth, we can now collaborate and create  original beats.
Moreover, The magazine Culture Aficionado (Issue #2) is scheduled to be released in the first week of June. I have a line up of 5 issues to be released throughout every 2 week interval, this summer 2011. Please stay tuned to this blog and other blogs like this, for new updates on art, including how to make certain types of art in Photoshop CS-CS5. I will also be including new music links and/or recommendations in each post.

ART


INSPIRATION

This piece came from myself watching too many Twilight zone episodes, reading too much Ray Bradbury or possibly watching 2001: A Space Odyssey a few too many times. It is reminiscent of a computer of the future, although the tribal-looking intricate patterns scrawled behind it add a touch of visual distortion. 

MECHANICS

I was in somewhat of a daze when I made this piece at 3:30 am, although that may have worked out to my advantage. I used a couple different gradients to synthesize 3 large optical scanners and in addition, the markings behind these have also been filled with a gradient.

AESTHETICS

I wanted this art piece to look as if you could not tell what year it takes place in. I was attempting to create a photo that was not only futuristic but also modern.

Continued...

No comments:

The Real Frequency

25 Ways To Die