Monday, February 28, 2011

Redoing this Blog

Hey whats going on?


I decided to update anyone following this blog that the format for posting art and mixtapes has been changed. I will now include a paragraph describing Inspiration, Mechanics and Asthetics. I will also be introducing more classical styles of art to my audience, including Pointilism, Comic Book, Modern, and also Impressionist styles. Be sure to check in monthly as I will have much more art to display in addition to new tracks and beats. This blog is geared towards my artwork and is covered by a copyright, protecting any and all infringements.


Russell Xavier


Enjoy the first selection:

Art

Inspiration:
I was originally beginning to work on this project after a request from a friend and fellow musician of mine, Butterknife Beats. He explained to me how he just finished constructing and mixing a track he produced by the name of Ghost Toast. He gave me a detailed description and after a couple proofs and re-makes I came up with this design.

Mehanics:
After just recieving my Netbook I ordered off the internet, I installed Photoshop onto my new computer and composed a rough edit of what I wanted the picture to look like. I drew some ghost-shaped figures with effects and placed them above a high-exposure picture, tinted blue of Great Hall. Making the ghosts look "classy" was my true goal in this piece as I satirically added a monical, top-hat, gold teeth and sun glasses on each of the party guests depicted above.

Aesthetics:
I attempted to recreate a spooky, gloomy yet sophisticated and classy function in which there happen to be a group of apparitions enjoying some ghoulish cocktails and listening to experimental trip-hop.The fact that I was going for more of a cheesy as well as comical attitude was what I feel that I actually demonstrated.

To Be Continued...



Continued soon!

No comments:

The Real Frequency

25 Ways To Die